"If failure is not an option, then neither is success"
Chaman Bhartiya school is a candidate school for IB-MYP and in the process of applying for Authorisation. CBS is also planning to apply for one of the National curriculum.
The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born, that there is a genetic factor to leadership. This myth asserts that people simply either have certain charismatic qualities or not. In fact, the opposite is true. Leaders are made rather than born. – Warren Bennis, management thinker
At Chaman Bhartiya, the five following five leadership pillars form the sign post towards holistic learning and personal development. It is embodied and integrated in both academic and non-academic activities.
- Learn to LIVE
- Learn to LIVE TOGETHER
- Learn to LEARN
- Learn to ACT
- Learn to LEAD
The Mentoring Programme (TMP)
The Mentoring Program (TMP) is based on the leadership principle of developing socio-emotional well-being among learners. TMP needs greater structure and accountability in the coming academic year, while keeping it flexible and open to modifications based on need of the hour.
- Mentor and mentee allocations + orientation to the program is done by the coordinators.
- Mentors and mentees combination can be across stages – for instance a foundational year’s facilitator will act as the mentor for a Middle year’s learner.
- In the foundational year’s, the home room facilitators continue to be the mentors – the foundational year’s teachers will periodically communicate to each other, the issues they come across among learners in any of the foundational year’s grades.
- The mentors and mentees meet each other in a slotted time once a fortnight.
- The mentees will document their meetings in brief in the template designed for the purpose.
- The mentors meet more regularly in informal settings during regular school hours (during break times) for not more than 15 minutes, unless absolutely required.
Student Leadership Council (SLC)
The SLC is a program that is based on the CBS leadership pillars Learning to Act and Learning to Lead. The SLC is a platform where learners are represented through democratic processes. The SLC is an effort to give learners an effective agency (Voice and Choice) for placing their concerns and requirements to enhance their learning environment.
- The PRESIDENT constitutes the highest executive post in the SLC and will be selected form the highest grade in the school. In AY 2022-23, it will be a Grade 8 Learner.
- The VICE-PRESIDENT acts in the absence of the President and assists the President in all SLC activities. The VP will be selected from the middle years.
- The CLASS MINISTERS represent each grade. The Facilitators will accept 5 nominations from their respective grades and then shortlist 2 candidates as opposers for the challenge
- Class Ministers are elected by their respective grades.
- The candidates selected for Presidency and Vice-presidency create a logo for themselves and share their agenda and manifesto with all the learners through a week-long campaign.
- Learners of the school (Grades 1-8) elect the leaders of their choice through secret ballot on a pre-set date (Ballot papers need to be prepared with logos)
- The elected President, Vice-president and the Class Ministers form the CBS Learner Leadership Cabinet.
- Selected Facilitators work with the leaders to develop a manifesto and responsibilities of each of the posts in the SLC.
- The SLC formally meet the School Management Committee once a month to present their issues and concerns in appropriate fashion and decorum.
At CB we welcome and support learners from neuro-diverse backgrounds. We believe that learners with special needs are an integral part of their class as well as the whole school community. Hence, their learning is scaffolded both through differentiated classroom lessons as well as individual sessions at the Learning Support Centre. Further, we equip them to engage in meaningful social interactions and provide tools to develop self-awareness, management of emotions and nurture a growth mindset. Besides the endeavour to spark a love for learning, we also provide them with opportunities to showcase their talents. Witnessing how discussions lead to acceptance which then paves the way for empathy and support in the classrooms has been rewarding. We are on the march to create a mini-model of a truly progressive society.
M.Phil in Learning Disabilities
NILD Educational Therapist
Apple Certified Support Professional, Apple Certified Mac Technician,
Apple Certified iOS Technician, Apple Certified Associate – MIB, Apple Teacher,
Certified Microsoft Innovative Educator, Jamf Certified Associate.
Digital Eco System in Chaman Bhartiya School
Digital ecosystem in Chaman Bhartiya School inter connects innovation and information as a unit that necessitates reliable communication among the learners and the facilatators.
Apple infrastructure enables children to develop skills in line with our vision, which encompasses the following aspects:
- 1:1 iPad Program: Every student and teacher at Chaman Bhartiya is equipped with an iPad to do his/her academic work. The iPad inspires creativity and hands-on learning that makes learning more powerful. The iPad fosters critical thinking skills as well as communication and literacy.
- The Mac Lab: The lab aims to equip the students in various domains like presentations, video- editing and app development. it also enables students to generate ideas and think innovatively.
- Apple Podcast Centre: The studio is fitted with equipment for audio and video recording. It enables development of media literacy skills in students.
- Everyone can Code: We believe everyone should be able to master the digital language. Learning to code improves collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking skills. At Chaman Bhartiya students from the age of six learn how to code.
- Everyone can Create: The projects under this program guide students to develop and communicate ideas through various creative platforms such as drawing, photography, video and music.
- Digital Professional Development: The IT department, consists of 3 Apple Certified teachers and 6 qualified technical personnel. Each facilitator on joining Chaman Bhartiya undergoes rigorous training for eight hours on iPad usage.