At Chaman Bhartiya, leadership is woven across every aspect of the educational journey combined with an academically rigorous curriculum, a 1:10 teacher ratio and where technology stimulates and aids learning.
We catalyse the development of leadership potential through a rigorous curriculum that focuses on the development of the whole person.
Our curriculum encompasses the following principles:
1. We Lead– Leadership Curriculum
It is integrated into the ICSE and IB curriculum offerings aimed at promoting self-directed intellectual, aesthetic, creative, socio-emotional and physical development. The “We Lead” curriculum is followed from preschool to grade 8. From grade 9, students have the option of choosing either the ICSE or IB curriculum.
The Leadership Curriculum covers the following features:
- Coherently makes explicit connections between different subjects.
- Subject matter is taught in a progressive manner leading to deep learning and subject mastery.
- Is flexible and aligned to match the learner’s profile, readiness and interest.
- The learners have an in-depth understanding of the relevance and application of the subject.
- Stresses on conceptual clarity.
- Is designed to provide opportunities for students to make informed choices in their lives.
- Empowers learners to be self-directed individuals and emerge as change makers who bring about transformation in their own lives as well as the community, and the world.
2. Personalized Learning
At Chaman Bhartiya, the learner is the central pivot around which the school, the environment, and the teaching-learning activities are designed. Learning is tailored to the needs, interests, and aptitude of the learner. Our facilitators focus on individualized instruction and support which often involves blended learning that integrates technology and digital tools to support learning.
Our personalized learning approach encompasses:
- Competency-based progressions: Learners’ progress towards clearly defined goals is continually assessed.
- Flexible learning environments: Learners’ needs drive the design of each individualized learning environment.
- Personal learning paths: All learners follow a customized path that responds and adapts based on their individual learning progress, motivations and goals.
- Frequently updated learner profiles: All learners have up-to-date records of their individual strengths, needs, motivations and goals.
3. Project-based learning
At Chaman Bhartiya, the instructional approach is a blend of classroom teaching and project-based learning. Project-based learning is an effective method of personalizing learning. It gives students the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills by investigating an issue or a challenge. It connects students to the real world and prepares students to accept and meet challenges, mirroring what professionals do every day.
It gives students the opportunity to engage deeply with subject matter leading to long term retention. It also improves a learner’s attitude towards learning and also enables the development of critical thinking, problem-solving, research skills, teamwork, and collaboration.
4. Serious Play
At Chaman Bhartiya, play is serious business as it is the most natural way to stimulate cognitive, social and socio-emotional development. Learners possess a natural curiosity to learn and play acts as a medium to do so. We have collaborated with the Lego Foundation so our learners get exposed to a system which combines structure, logic, and creativity enabling creativity, development, communication and problem-solving.
In middle and high school we capture the spirit of play where learning is an engaging, fun and immersive experience for students.
5. Technology as a tool to aid learning
Usage of technology is an intrinsic aspect of the learning ecosystem. The facilitators encourage usage of technology to develop investigation and research skills in learners. The curriculum blends technology alongside classroom instruction to effectively engage learners.
Apple iPads are provided to every learner. Digital technology is used for personalizing learning and developing creativity.
We view teachers as facilitators who facilitate learning and partner with students in the learning process. They are designers of learning experiences and are co-creators of knowledge along with students. They are equipped with the requisite expertise to deliver a flexible curriculum and personalize learning for every learner.
They have an in-depth understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects for delivering personalized, project-based and play-based learning.
We have an in-house teacher training academy which will emphasize both personal and professional growth of teachers. At Chaman Bhartiya, professional development of facilitators is a planned, systematic and constant endeavor.
7. Open Learning Environment
At Chaman Bhartiya, the environment is the third teacher. The school building is designed for the delivery of the unique curriculum in an engaging manner. The school building is one big classroom with a diversity of learning spaces such as open learning spaces, innovation labs, etc.
The facilitators will choose to organize teaching in the learning spaces that give the best framework for each specific learning activity.
8. Visual and Performing Arts
The visual and performing arts are woven into the curriculum. They strengthen and aid learning. The objective is the holistic development of both the left and right brain. Art and Theatre become part of project-based learning, for instance, to understand and address real-world problems.
We believe that learning involves both the mind and the body. Driven by the dictum – sound mind in a sound body – we place the highest importance on physical activity and sports.
10. Outdoor Education
Leadership competencies such as courage and risk-taking will be developed through outdoor activities. We also aim at making it an aesthetic experience where our students learn to appreciate nature and are sensitive to the environment that surrounds them.